At May Road School, we actively seek vibrant and community focused staff to continue to build the strong whānau links that exist within the community and school partnerships.
Beth NoakesDeputy Principal
Hafsah MusaExecutive Officer
Emily CaterRoom 4 Class Teacher
Arina KumarRoom 5 Class Teacher (Pūriri Team Leader)
Irene KoonwaiyouRoom 9 Class Teacher
Nerra Lealiifano-TamaruaRoom 10 Class Teacher
Sophia SchusterRoom 11 Class Teacher
Lagi JenkinsRoom 12 Class Teacher
Mary MaxwellRoom 13 Class Teacher
Rearna HartmannRoom 13 Class Teacher
Cia TokumaRoom 14 Class Teacher
Ulrike PetrusRoom 15 Class Teacher (ICT Team Leader)
Meryl Ulugia-Pua(Kauri Team Leader)
Paulia FrostLearning Assistant
Beatrice SilaLearning Assistant
Sili TualimaLearning Assistant
Razan Al-OdehLearning Assistant
Sau Papali’iLearning Assistant
Salome TavakeLearning Assistant
Kirita Auva’a-KeyLearning Assistant
Geri Williams-DurhamLearning Assistant
Sarah EatonSocial Worker in Schools
Our Board of Trustees
Our Trustee Election day was 6th June 2019.
Geri Williams-DurhamStaff Representative
About our Board of Trustees
The Board of Trustees is the governing group of the school. It is made up of elected parents, staff representative, the Principal, and any members co-opted by the Board.
The Board’s job is to:
- Formulate and monitor the policies that the school will operate under.
- Oversee the maintenance of the school’s buildings and grounds.
- Oversee and approve expenditure.
- Approve staff appointments and act on personnel issues within legal requirements.
- Monitor the effectiveness of the school’s service.
The Board of Trustees is elected every three years. The new Board was elected on 6th June 2019. The Board welcomes feedback from other parents, and welcomes people to attend its monthly meetings, which are on the 3rd Tuesday of each month at 5:30 p.m.
Spotlight on the Board of Trustees
Each month following our Board of Trustees meeting we will be including some information in the newsletter to inform you about what is happening at the meetings.
We have recently had some training and the points covered were related to the Board of Trustees roles.
Some key messages:
- The Board has a responsibility to govern the school effectively.
- The Principal is a member of the Board of Trustees and there is also a staff representative. This is important as we all work in partnership. The primary concern of the Board is student learning and they ensure that all Board policies, practices and plans are focused on high levels of student achievement.
- The Board meets once a month for a full Board of Trustees meeting. This is a public meeting and anyone from our community can attend. During each month there are also sub-committee meetings for property, community planning, finance and policies.
- Our Board is committed to representing the parents’ and community voice.